Please note the photo accompanying recipe is here to give you a feel of dish. It is not the precise recipe. If you see certain vegetables missing from photo it’s because they are!
One Love Spicy Thai Noodles
20 min prep / 20 min cooking / 2 servings
- 6 C Filtered water
- 8 oz Udon, soba or rice noodles
- 2 Tbl Toasted sesame oil
- 1 ½ C Broccoli flowerettes, in ½” pieces
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 ½ C Red bell pepper, julienned (1 medium pepper)
- ¼ C Filtered water for sauté
- 1 small Lime leaf, sliced thin (optional)
- ¼ C Green onion, diced
- 3 Tbl soy sauce, or to taste
- 2 Tbl Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, ground to taste
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Bring 6 C of filtered water to a boil in a 3 qt pot. Add noodles, reduce heat to simmer and cook until pasta is slightly al dente. Rice noodles cook in a minute or less; udon or soba approximately 5 minutes. Drain,
rinse well in cold water and place in a large bowl with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking.
2. While pasta is cooking, add oil, garlic and broccoli to a medium size sauté pan and cook over medium high heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add ¼ C filtered water, red bell pepper and lime leaf. Cook
until broccoli is just soft, approximately 8 minutes, stirring frequently, adding more water if necessary to prevent sticking to the pan. Add to pasta with remaining ingredients and gently mix well. Top with
black sesame seeds.
Add ½ C coconut milk with 1 Tbl peanut butter to above when combining all ingredients together.
Vegan Fusion promotes the benefits of plant-based cuisine for our health and the preservation of the planet. Vegan Fusion advocates eating food in its whole natural state, using ingredients that are organic and locally grown whenever possible.
In addition to cookbooks, Vegan Fusion offers consulting services for restaurants, natural food stores and other food service settings that wish to include delectable and healthy vegan and raw foods on their menu. Vegan Fusion award-winning dishes embrace a full range of international vegan cuisine – from hearty comfort foods to lighter raw foods. Vegan Fusion believes that eating healthy can be a delicious gourmet experience. Go to http://www.veganfusion.com for more information.