1. Set Goals. Define your goals. Why does being flexible matter to you? Whether you’re looking to improve your golf swing, relieve back pain, or touch your toes referencing your goals will help you stay on track.
2. Pick a Time of Day. When will you focus on your flexibility? Make a plan for your stretching routine. Morning, midday, or evening, prioritize your practice and stick to it!
3. Invite a Friend to Join You. The more the merrier. Ask one of your friends, family members, roommates, or co-workers to join you. Make a date to stretch or attend a yoga class together.
4. Take Action. The time is now. Act on your flexibility goals. It’s not enough to simply think about your flexibility. If your goals are to become pain free, prevent injury, and increase range of motion you must practice to get results.
5. Reward Yourself. Celebrate! Reward yourself with simple celebrations. Take a bubble bath, blend a delicious smoothie, or give yourself some quiet time to relax. Find a way to acknowledge your success.